Sunday, December 16, 2012

Yellow as an Accent Color

Mary McDonald looking fabulous for a yellow accented chinoiserie Christmas

Yellow is so wonderfully cheerful -- and that is exactly what I need today -- a bit of cheer; so I thought I would pass on a little colorful fun.  I love yellow as an accent color with blue, red or green, it really can be a show stopper in accessories, rug or curtains; yellow adds a great pop of color to enliven a  room.
Love this aqua and yellow number, a little over exposed, but the colors are still fab.  Source? I searched and searched for the designer to no avail. 




Gideon Mendelson china blue and bright yellow
Meg Braff: Muted yellow and red dining room in Newport home. Just love the pelmets they add so much drama to this room.


Meg Braff a spash of yellow

Meg Braff -- muted ellow campaign stools 







Marina Table Lamp available at Meg Braff's Shop

Green, yellow and blue, so pleasing.  I am digging this analogous color scheme.  Please help me attribute this room...

Tilton Fenwick uses those National Geographics (you know, the ones I wish I hadn't tossed from my parent's garage) to great advantage, don't you think?

Love this kitchen styled by Susan Salomon. via Willow Decor

The effect of this yellow door is dramatic. 

James Andrew. Again the Green, Blue, Yellow color scheme. 
maison21


Ruthie Sommers pulls off red and yellow like no other

Jonathan Adler does Nanette Lepore's living room
Jonathan Adler and his yellow chairs

Source?  Wow. Talk about dramatic.  Love the yellow ceiling and black walls. But in all this that fabulous coffee table, a star in its own right, gets lost.

Mary McDonald yellow and black seating area.
Mary McDonald -- love how she frames that gorgeous screen with yellow panels. And it would not be complete without the bone pagodas.  Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment