Friday, June 8, 2012

Navy Rooms...Yay or Nay?

Navy living rooms.  I am helping someone with their living room who is determined to paint it some deep shade of blue -- despite my trying to convince her otherwise...I have serious reservations about the paint color, but thought I'd get some photos together for inspiration to help me shake off my doubts.  For me it is just too dark.  Maybe I am too pedestrian in my use of colors.   What do yo think? Would you paint your living room navy?  I think we have to pair it with white and a cheerful shade of orange, yellow, chartreuse or maybe even red to give it some pep and cheer. Navy Grasscloth, however, is a totally different animal -- the texture and variation of color through the wallpaper softens and enlivens a room. So here goes with the photos:



Navy Grasscloth walls





Navy Grasscloth

looks like grasscloth

Navy Grasscloth




























No comments:

Post a Comment