Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mary McDonald

Los Angeles-based designer Mary McDonald seems to be well known to everyone these days -- I am told that this is mainly due to her being on Bravo's "Million Dollar Decorators"  -- a show which I have yet to see.  I know, I know, how could I not see this show?  Well I have to confess that I can't stomach reality TV and shun it in all forms. My friends tell me I have to  get over myself and take in this show.   I do like Mary McDonald’s bold style and her modern use of Chinoiserie and Indian influences in her elegant designs; so I may have to bite the bullet and set my DVR.  


Ms. McDonald is a California girl, but went to BU and attended Parsons.  Her first book, MARY MCDONALD: INTERIORS, The Allure of Style was published by Rizzoli in October of 2010. She also has a line of lamps and is collaborating with Schumacher on a line of fabrics -- which I cannot wait to see. Busy lady.  Anyway, Ms McDonald gives me what I love: Her rooms  always seem to nod to the past as well as look forward with clean lines, cool accessories and FABULOUS textiles. Check out the photos below from her website: marymcdonald.com
Mary McDonald: Great Navy room with pink accessories
Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald: Bold and Red 

Mary McDonald: Love the  use of Yellow and Black

Mary McDonald: Navy Dining Room

Mary McDonald: Wow, look a that Chinoiserie style bed, just fabulous and that inlaid mother of pearl table is darling

Mary McDonald. Love Love Love that wallpaper.

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald. Love the pairing of Red, Black and Blue with the wicker/seagrass table

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald

Mary McDonald




Here are her Lamps:













Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment