Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jeffrey Bilhuber is so haute...


Jeffrey Bilhuber is amazing.  What I love about his works is that he is modern yet traditional, he has a fresh to approach to the classics while not turning his back on the past.   His rooms have a certain patina -- he anchors his rooms with gorgeous antiques and all his art work choices are stunning.  His rooms are punctuated perfectly with his accessory choices. And of course he is Anna Wintour's interior designer -- who said of him:   "Jeffrey's great at taking one's own taste and making it better."  Ok, enough said.   Here are some gorgeous pictures I found of his work -- mostly posted by Architectural Digest and the lovely lady at over at Cote de Texas (awesome blog!).

The two sided sofa craze --  he started it of late ... that is some show stopper, and speaking of showstoppers, check out the wall treatment in the two photos below:
Nail head trim on the walls. 



Love the way the trim and fireplace are all painted the same color.

Look at those devilishly stylish curtain rods. So understated.  An I love kujo there on the wall -- the choice of the vicious dog kind of reminds me of the taste of this is crazy ex of mine.

Antique maps are fab.  And that nightstand, so understated.


I love those chairs.


Chesterfield sofa and Moroccan side table are just calling out to me...



I could cry that wallpaper is so exquisite.  And how about those delicate stools with the silk seats. Sigh.



Bird lithos, I am in love (although I don't usually go in for the birds of prey).






Again, the wallpaper and different textile mixes. Just fabulous.



Mr. Bilateral Symmetry.  Wonderful classical balance. Looks like velvet on the walls -- so rich.

Gasp!








No comments:

Post a Comment