Sunday, October 14, 2012

David Easton Inspiration


 “American style has always looked to the past,” says David Easton, an architect and interior designer who has put his own spin on classic English decor. In a terrific Elle Decor article on David Easton,  the designer, who is well know for his traditional style,  confesses a love of modern design.
On the Essentials of a home David Easton states:
  •  I believe in having one large room in a home. Yes, you need a little office and a bedroom, but all those rooms ad infinitum? I find those houses so boring. You don’t use most of the rooms. I much prefer a single, large room; I’ll put a table in the center for focus, and then have several seating groups.
  • Every room needs a fireplace and a view.
  • Red is my favorite color, but I use it as an accent. I prefer a quieter background—stone, cream, greige, gray. It’s calming.
  • I don’t believe in curtains anymore. I like an edited simplicity. The simpler things are, the less I feel the need to change them. (Ingrid Abramovitch, David Easton on Evolving Taste, Elle Decor)

Here are a few of his interiors for Inspiration:
  David Easton and artist James Steinmeyer Tulsa, Oklahoma home.
  David Easton and James Steinmeyer's Oklahoma home.

David Easton's Manhattan Loft


David Easton

David Easton

David Easton designed this Aspen home. Via Veranda

David Easton

David Easton

David Easton

David Easton

David Easton

David Easton


David Easton
If you want more, check out his book, Timeless Elegance (2010)


No comments:

Post a Comment