Monday, March 5, 2012

Suzanne Kasler

Just received my newest Architectural Digest (April '12) and wanted to share the photo spred of designer Suzanne Kasler's home.  Suzanne Kasler has become well known to the greater (non-design) population by schilling for  Ballard Designs (I confess to having a mirror or two); seeing her in AD reminded me how much I love her classic style and why she became popular the first place.  Not to sell her short, she also has design associations with Hickory Chair (see her dining room below), Lee Jofa, Safavieh and Circa lighting (I am probably leaving off a few).   Seriously enterprising -- you have got to love that.  In her home, she uses a neutral palette and with splashes of warm and cool colors depending on the room -- apricot/orange, blues, golds, pink, lavender all make appearances.

I love how she mixes antiques with modern pieces seamlessly

I love the unfussy panels
 The living room is formal but still inviting.  I just love that muted blue rug and the chairs coupled with the lucite table.  I am also and grooving on the greek key trim on on drapes. 



Her federal Style home is in Atlanta -- like the house, the landscaping is formal and restrained, lots of boxwoods.

Love the regency style dining room -- I believe she designed those chairs for Hickory Chair.  Love that silver bowl by Ralph Lauren on the table. There's that signature sunburst mirror -- in an outside space. French doors leading out to the patio/pool area are lovely.

Love the simple inset doors and the classical hardware.   Pewter plates are just the right touch.

She does Pink so well.

I love the maps coupled with the pen and ink drawings in the study. Very inviting.


Here are some additional photos of Suzanne Kasler's designs from her website:











No comments:

Post a Comment