Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Meg Braff

What is your design style?  I always have a hard time putting mine into words -- like many folks, I'm an amalgamation (no pun intended) of the many influences in my life:  Preppy . . . I grew up in a very preppy town  -- and as much as I rebelled against the preppiness that surrounded me then (I hated green and plaid back in the day!), I seem to have come full circle to appreciate its timeless and youthful aspect in design.  I especially learned to love it after living in Palm Beach for a short time. Palm Beach preppiness  has an allure of its own ...  Classic English (my mom is a Brit) regency style  has always been a favorite.  I also love the laid back easy slipcovered and seagrass style of the South. Anyway, I love fellow Vanderbilt grad, Meg Braff's style; she reminds me of the best aspects of both new Southern and Palm Beach design.  Some of her projects have that chinoiserie flavor of mid-century that I love so much; a blend of traditional and Southern style with current and colorful twist.  This is not surprising since Meg Braff Grew up in Mississippi and like me went to Vanderbilt University (although I went as a grad student and Yankee transplant). She studied at Parsons and really brings a fresh take on traditional ideas.  This fabulous designer is on One Kings Lane Starting on March 23rd -- don't miss it!!  I should also mention that Meg has a very chic wallpaper line and a wonderful little store in Locust Valley which I will post on soon.  Here is her bio if you want to read more about this talented designer.



Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff


Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff



Meg Braff



Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff



Meg Braff


Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff


Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff

Meg Braff
































No comments:

Post a Comment