Monday, February 6, 2012

NY International Gift Fair

Johnathan Adler



Happy days.  Last Sunday I spent the day tooling around NY International Gift Fair at Jacob Javis Center and the Piers with my dear friend and partner in decorating addiction, Ivy.  There was so much to see, so much to absorb, that I think I am suffering from sensory overload.  What trends loomed large?  Greek key motifs and geometric patterns were big in everything from textiles to furniture; teal blue, navy blue, orange and black and white were the big colors in accessories.  There were lots of graphic prints in every bright shade as well as black and white.  I also continued to see a great deal of gaustavian/Swedish!, looking furniture a la Mecox Gardens and Restoration Hardware -- distressed glam.   Other continuing trends were middle eastern bone inlaid tables, trays and mirrors as well as lots of asian inspired furniture.  Lucite and fur were there as were a few cow hide vendors (I even saw a real zebra hide make an appearance). One of the big highlights was meeting the author of one of my favorite blogs:  Coco of cococozy.com -- who despite being swarmed by a group of admirers, could not have been more lovely or gracious.   We had a fab time taking in all the inspiring interior designers, furniture and home accessory vendors that I can't wait to go again.  Below are some photos I snapped.

White side table and orange vase


Check out this gorgeous fabric from Carson & Company
More Carson & Co


This scalloped table seemed to be everywhere -- every other vendor had some new take on it

I am grooving on these moroccan inspired pillows



Mid century vibe on the couch 

 This light fixture was overwhelming in person  

moroccan lanterns

Inlaid tables with bone and wood were everywhere
I must have this small stripped jute runner
Middle eastern accents

Orange and blue



Can you see this lucite trunk by Serge de Troyer?
Lots of nature-inspired accessories
Beautiful silk and wool greek key rug 
Bone mirror


Crazy neon chinoiserie chair from Room
Service


Another lovely Moroccan style table






Johathan  Adler bedroom



JA again

Oly light -- looks like a "coral" encrusted fixture




I just love this Oly day bed as well as the blue and green chairs
Don't think I've ever seen a white sea urchin; but it goes great with that super soft blue chair -- this woman couldn't resist a little feel.

Still loving that day bed

I just couldn't resist this dressing table by Bungalow 5

More Oly accessories

Mirrored console table with blue and white porcelain

bungalow 5
more orange porcelain 
interesting console




I really like tortoise shell accents, but I did't see a whole lot of them at the show





love these teal accent pillows


Bungalow 5

Tozia Home
Tozia home
Tozai Home
Tozia Home
Add caption
two's company

There were so many beautiful trinkets


 two's company
 two's company






This show was pillow heaven
I can never resist blue porcelain from Tozia Home

No comments:

Post a Comment