Monday, November 4, 2013

A Little Lucite Love

It's no secret that I'm a fan of lucite (aka acrylic) furniture and accessories. I have some friends and family members (who shall remain nameless but often comment on my blog) who do not get this obsession at all. I'm not sure I get it myself. I just know what I like. And I like this new table in the most recent Wisteria catalog:
It immediately reminded me of a favorite photo from Domino (not the decor, just the table):

The Wisteria version is obviously much smaller in scale, but still pretty similar in style.


At $799, it's a bit out of my budget, but a girl can dream. I was mainly excited to see another lucite coffee/cocktail table (I never know the difference, I guess it basically boils down to what beverage you'd rather set on your table) option offered through an online/catalog retailer. Despite the proliferation of lucite pieces in design publications, I've found very few available for purchase.

There's always been the CB2 peekaboo coffee table for a much more reasonable $249, but it's quite a bit smaller too. 

I always thought it would be too low for my sofa and furniture. But I love the look of it.

One thing I love about lucite is how it adapts to different environments. It looks just as at home in edgy interiors as it does in more traditional ones. It's the perfect chameleon.

Okay, so I'm "clearly" (ha, my cleverness knows no bounds) crazy about lucite. Or maybe I'm just plain crazy.

Sources: Wisteria, Domino, CB2, Mary McGee, Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment