Sunday, October 6, 2013

Jackin' My Style

Have you ever seen something you own for sale on 1st Dibs or One Kings Lane and marvel at the prices they're selling for? I've had this happen to me a couple of times with both my Mastercraft credenza and my dolphin table. But just the other day, I was poking around OKL and saw a sale curated by Ivy and Vine and spied several pieces either very similar or exactly like pieces I own. I think this girl and I might have been separated at birth. Observe . . . the Ivy and Vine mirror:


And, my mirror (just in creamy white instead of black):

Her dolphin table:


And, mine:
This was when it was in our antique booth. I can't seem to get a good photo of it in my dark basement.  

Her marble horse bookends:


Mine:

And her brass bamboo tray . . .

Mine . . . albeit a slightly different shape.

Okay, so you get the point. So, what's my point? I don't know really. I think mainly I'm still just surprised at the price point on these online sales. Of course, maybe she did pay a lot more for her stuff than I did for mine? The Greek Key mirror for instance is selling on Ivy and Vine right now for $995 (the OKL sale is over); I got mine for $40 at the flea market. I just find it interesting that people will pay oodles of money for a bamboo tray (I think hers was $275) when they can hit their local antique mall, flea market or estate sale and grab one for $10 like I did. 

My hardwood floors are getting refinished starting tomorrow, and I could not be more excited! Goodbye orange wood, hello brown. Stay tuned for updates next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment