Friday, September 27, 2013

Grasscloth Console & Malachite

You may remember my grasscloth sofa table/console DIY that I completed a while back. Well, Style at Home is featuring it on their website along with six other blogger's projects including my blog friend Heather from Love Your Space. You can check out all the budget-friendly DIY projects on their website here. They asked for the submission a while ago, so below is a photo with my reupholstered benches so you can see what it looks like now . . .

In other news, I got some fabric samples back from Spoonflower for my rope chair. 
Yes, it is malachite. I also got one from the same designer, Chrysocola, that's a slightly different color that actually matches more of the teal I have going on in the rest of my room/rug . . . 
The first (larger) sample is more of an emerald green which is probably more the true malachite color, but I'm leaning toward the second one. I got the samples in cotton poplin . . . Spoonflower gives you different options. I'm not in love with the quality or feel. Has anyone ordered from Spoonflower before? What type of fabric should I order if I decide to go this route?

No comments:

Post a Comment