Monday, April 9, 2012

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana? Suzanne Kasler for inspiration.

Okay, I confess, I have spent way too much time listening to knock-knock jokes this Spring Break when what I really want to think about is helping my pal Gloria with her orange and blue (I would prefer green)  inspired living room.  Where to start?  She is keeping some furniture and we are repurposing other items -- but her room is a two story echo chamber -- 17 x 24.  She is somewhat contemporary -- lets just say more modern than contemporary and, hallelujah, she likes (some) color. I suggested Green or Yellow, she said Orange.

Well, I visited the D & D building this past week on a quest for another friend and stumbled upon my inspiration for Gloria -- in of all places, Lee Joffa.  I am not surprised though, because the showroom was featuring Suzanne Kasler and she always inspires me.  The space below was colorful, yet restrained and it got me thinking...about using orange in Gloria's space with blue and green accents.

Suzanne Kasler in Lee Joffa Showroom

Suzanne Kasler

 Gloria originally thought she would go navy and I am digging this chevron rug, but alas, her room does not get enough light to go with the navy (and I could not sell here on the merits of grasscloth).



But orange walls, on the other hand, might be a little to much for her...but I do love it with the green --

Here is a tangerine orange, green and green-blue and chartreuse, oh baby, I love all the accessories: those Ikat  pillows, asian screens, chinoiserie steel bench, offbeat nailhead table, funky lights and foo dogs...


And of course she needs linen curtains to cut down the echo factor in her room (lots of curtains and a rug will reduce the noise as textures absorb sound) -- but I have to work in this orange greek key trim...



Thought about  cream and orange panels on the windows... but thinking off white linen with orange trim panels are better...



I like this zebra ottoman  -- we are going to have to work in a fur rug somehow, probably not zebra though.  We could use a black console like above or this console from bungalow 5 (far left and right)

 and we definitely need some punches of color in our accessories, but which to use...










 These pillows are ok, but not perfect. We need something a tad more muted (except the chartreuse).
 And we need to think about a chandelier....I am all about the lanterns lately....

I have got to get her to consider something like this wallpaper for her dining room.




No comments:

Post a Comment