Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quick Reveal

Thank you all for your suggestions on my front door color. After looking at numerous swatches and going back and forth on dark grays and dark blues, I just decided to go with basic black. The issue I kept running into was not clashing with the taupey-greigey (I know those aren't real words) trim that is all over the house. Black goes with everything, right? Well, without further ado, here it is . . .
Ta da! The dogs look thrilled!

Just as a reminder, here's what it looked like before . . .
Better, right?

And, from the inside . . . 
I think I may like the inside view even better than the outside. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve to make the black carry into the house. For one thing, I'm getting rid of that rinky dink newel post and when I get a new one, I'm painting it and the banister the same black. Also, you may remember I have plans to recover that chair. I will paint the legs black and my fabric choices are black and white. I already bought some fabric, but I found another I might like better. This is my fatal flaw - indecision. I'm like Hamlet.

I'm just glad I pulled the trigger on the door. I'm really liking the clean, crisp look. Hope you like it too. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment